Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Preacher - AMC Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 05-23-16, 10:22 PM   #11
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Preacher - AMC Sundays

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDGovernor View Post
I understood 90 percent of what Cassidy said after a couple playbacks. I think he said he knew the plane was flying in the wrong direction and that the gig was up when he cracked guy number 1 with the Where where they taking him Hodge? Somewhere he obviously didn't want to go I suppose...
From the dialogue, I couldn't make out who those other guys were, but I got the impression, Cassidy was a bartender. Obviously I'm wrong, but that's what I got.

Quote:
...He helped the Preacher in the bar room brawl at the very end. Will he and the Preacher be friend or foe?
Oh, they'll definitely be friends.

From additional promos, I get the impression Cassidy is going to join Jessie in his hunt for God, the Devil, and everything in between. That's going to be a HELL of a ride.

Quote:
...I thought I saw in the bible scribblings something about a fallen angel...
I'd forgotten about that Bible.

It looked like there was writing on every page of it. I couldn't make out to much it said, it went by so fast. Maybe I'll twist Sandi's arm and get her to watch, and she'll provide us with screencaps. Oh Sandi!

Quote:
...I got Tarantino vibes from this as well, from the violent fight scenes to the music, which included Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash. But I think his mark is on all sorts of directors. Who is behind this, Seth Rogen?
Wasn't that a great soundtrack?

And you're right, the fight scenes were really intense. And, with Cassidy being a "you know what", there's blood everywhere.

Seth Rogen in one of the Executive Producers. In a little blurb, he said he's read a lot of the Preacher comics. I don't remember seeing anything about a Preacher comic in my travels.

ETA: Was I the only one that didn't get the "After Show"? I assumed, because it was live, someone didn't show up so they cancelled it until the next episode.

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 05-24-16 at 12:59 AM.
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-16, 05:41 AM   #12
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Location: toronto pride. with trudeau. i mean i wish i was...

Just watched it. I enjoyed it. Had to get used to the abrupt speed changes. But not too difficult.

I am confused as to what supernaturalish creature Cassidy is. I mean if he's so hip and all how was he tricked into being on the plane in the first place. The fight nonetheless was entertaining. Very Kill Bill. When he ate the cow however I wondered if he was that ravenous form of The Master (from Dr Who). He ate everything.

I gather that the monster type was looking for a religious person strong enough to hold him? And that's why the previous folks (including Tom Cruise---and I thank the writers for that) exploded. The monster type needed someone with worldly strength as well?

I like the women characters. They have solidity.

Whoever the two dudes (they remind me of the Kill Bill sheriff types) are, they are already at the church sign, so whatever's going to happen may happen soon. I don't think their arms will break too easily.

I like that not all things were made clear, that all things weren't overtly explained. Some mystery is required.
Old 05-25-16, 06:08 PM   #13
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
...I am confused as to what supernaturalish creature Cassidy is. I mean if he's so hip and all how was he tricked into being on the plane in the first place...
According to his bio, he's a Vampire. And, I assume that's why the fall from the plane barely muss his hair.

Quote:
...The fight nonetheless was entertaining. Very Kill Bill...
Great comparison, BA. My second favorite Tarantino movie.

Quote:
...I gather that the monster type was looking for a religious person strong enough to hold him? And that's why the previous folks (including Tom Cruise---and I thank the writers for that) exploded. The monster type needed someone with worldly strength as well?
That actually makes perfect sense. I didn't even think back to the other recipients of that blessing (that includes, Tom Cruise).

Quote:
...I like the women characters. They have solidity...
I'm already in love with Tulip. That fight scene in the car was something to behold. Especially when the driver was dead and she was fighting the other guy in the back seat. And, don't get me started on the ear of corn. Just damn!

But Emily, the church organist, maybe the best woman of them all. She's described as "no-nonsense". Man, that's an understatement. "If you're waiting for me to ask you to stay, you're going to be waiting a long time."

Quote:
...Whoever the two dudes (they remind me of the Kill Bill sheriff types) are, they are already at the church sign, so whatever's going to happen may happen soon. I don't think their arms will break too easily...
Who could they possibly be, BA? I mean, they've showed up at every exploding preacher on the planet. They go from Africa, to Russia, now they're in the U.S.A.
Old 05-25-16, 07:24 PM   #14
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Yes, a vampire. I did read that somewhere. Who was after him though? Earthly forces? Extraterrestrial forces? Or both?

Is the monster type really a monster type? Or does it just fly and land and detonate and possess like one? The final heart scene leaves things tricky to interpret though.

Tulip's more action, and doubtless an asset for what's to come. Emily's asset is in the social sphere, probably in purpose and morale. They're both great with kids!

As for the two dudes---again. Earthly forces? Extraterrestrial forces? Or both? They're pretty creepy for sure.
Old 05-25-16, 09:25 PM   #15
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...Who was after him though? Earthly forces? Extraterrestrial forces? Or both?
As it stands now, I have no idea.

I misinterpreted that whole airplane scene. You saw it the same why as Gov. Not sure what I was watching.

Quote:
...Is the monster type really a monster type? Or does it just fly and land and detonate and possess like one? The final heart scene leaves things tricky to interpret though...
BA, I actually like your interpretation of the "monster" from your initial post.

It visited three churches on Earth, looking for a viable host. The one in Africa, in Russia, and U.S.A. Apparently, what "it" needed, it found in Rev. Jessie Custer. "Custer's never surrender!"

One more thing I'm confused about. I'd like to get you guys opinion.

Remember the scenes of Jessie's father telling him to remember? There were about three of them, and they got increasingly longer as the episode continued.

Did someone/thing shoot the father, or did he commit suicide?

Quote:
...As for the two dudes---again. Earthly forces? Extraterrestrial forces? Or both? They're pretty creepy for sure.
Did you notice how they dressed for the area in question? In Africa, they wore Safari hats and garb. Didn't they wear sable hats in Russia? And in Anvil, TEX, they wore cowboy hats.
Old 05-25-16, 10:12 PM   #16
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
As it stands now, I have no idea.

I misinterpreted that whole airplane scene. You saw it the same why as Gov. Not sure what I was watching.
I can't say outside of the fight choreography that I followed much of it at all.

Quote:

One more thing I'm confused about. I'd like to get you guys opinion.

Remember the scenes of Jessie's father telling him to remember? There were about three of them, and they got increasingly longer as the episode continued.

Did someone/thing shoot the father, or did he commit suicide?
I believe I saw an extra hand in at least one of the scenes. I wonder if the pair of them were hijacked on the road, or was there a home invasion? More info to come Im sure.

Quote:
Did you notice how they dressed for the area in question? In Africa, they wore Safari hats and garb. Didn't they wear sable hats in Russia? And in Anvil, TEX, they wore cowboy hats.
This is what makes me wonder if they're not extraterrestrial and maybe earthly too. They quickly blend in to each country/culture. There's a knowledge (albeit a little skewed) of earth areas. But they also arrive rather quickly. How?
Old 05-25-16, 10:33 PM   #17
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...I believe I saw an extra hand in at least one of the scenes. I wonder if the pair of them were hijacked on the road, or was there a home invasion? More info to come Im sure...
Yeah, the father knelled down outside in a patch of dirt. "Remember Jessie!" It definitely felt like the father was being forced. I'm looking forward to a backstory on the original Rev. Custer.

Quote:
...This is what makes me wonder if they're not extraterrestrial and maybe earthly too. They quickly blend in to each country/culture. There's a knowledge (albeit a little skewed) of earth areas. But they also arrive rather quickly. How?
I was going to mention they're arrival right after an incident. But, in Jessie's version, according to Emily, he'd been out and feverish, for three days. So, I figured you could get anywhere in the World in three days.
Old 05-25-16, 11:00 PM   #18
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Quote:

I was going to mention they're arrival right after an incident. But, in Jessie's version, according to Emily, he'd been out and feverish, for three days. So, I figured you could get anywhere in the World in three days.
I forgot about the three days of unconsciousness. The time to Africa I could not tell. The time to Russia seemed quick, but how much of that was television editing?
Old 05-26-16, 06:14 PM   #19
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...The time to Russia seemed quick, but how much of that was television editing?
In the background, there was a television announcer, who I think mentioned the incident happened several hours earlier.
Old 05-26-16, 06:50 PM   #20
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Quote:
In the background, there was a television announcer, who I think mentioned the incident happened several hours earlier.
I'm missing these glossed over details which help viewers to draw conclusions. Earthly then seems likeliest for this strange duo. Their change of attire is to help them fit in where they go? And what did they do prior to day one of this particular phenomenon? I wonder now if they aren't part of the airplane crew, organizationally speaking.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »