Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories > + Time Dialation, EMP explained - plus new theory

LOST Theories So you think you know some secrets of the island? Maybe you can explain everything. If it's original and you can back it up, we'd love to hear it.

Old 02-21-08, 08:06 AM   #1
lostinthewild31
Wasn't on the List

+ Time Dialation, EMP explained - plus new theory

Through out the course of LOST "time" has been an under lying theme. At the end of season 3, episode 20...I believe that the writers/producers were hinting that it will now play a major role in the rest of the story. In this episode they purposely placed a book in the frame during a scene...this was not to be seen by the average viewer...but for those of us that analyze everything to death. The book is titled "The Coalwood Way", by Homer Hickam, and was published in 2006. Why would they place a book from 2006 in a scene set to take place in the mid 70's? This is the question....

I came across this snapshot from the scene while reading the "Lost is a game" theory site and it is what sparked my little investigation. I'll provide the link so you may analyze the photo yourself:

http://www.lostisagame.com/photos/32...room_books.jpg

The book by Homer Hickam is the only book that conflicts with the time period. I looked up the other title that is very readable and it is a book from 1975...however there was one that stood out to me. The gray book upside down on top of the others...I turned my laptop upside down and read what I believe is "Homing Protons" ...I did everything I could to Google this book title and found nothing. It appears I am either misreading it, or it does not exist.

Taking into consideration that everything is done on purpose by these people who have created LOST...I tried to research protons and their effect on the world as we know it (thinking that this HAD to do with EMP's) and even though A LOT of it was over my head...I came to find something that was very interesting...

I wont pretend I am a physicist or anything so let me provide you with the links to what I found. This is all information I came across while looking up protons and their influence in our world: The links have a lot less to do with protons and seem to explain the theory of time dilation, how it occurs, and I believe it will explain WHY the watch was off by 30 minutes when it landed.

The Theory Of Everything: http://www.geocities.com/franklinhu/theory.html

There are MANY sections in there that are very interesting...however I highly suggest you first read "What is the aether?" to better understand everything he talks about later on. From there read "What Causes Time Dialation?" farther down on the list.

Excerpts from the "What causes Time Dialation?"

Changing aether density also produces time dilation effects. Clocks in a higher density aether, run slower than clocks in a lighter density aether. The reason for this is that every activity (like atoms resonating in an atomic clock) is mediated by the aether and if there are more aether particles between point A and point B, it takes longer for any effect from point A to reach point B simply because it has to go past more particles. So this explains why clocks run slower on the Earth, than they do in orbit. The rate that a mechanical clock runs is a function of the density of the aether that it is running in. This also explains the bending of light around massive objects since the density changes produce a simple refraction effect through the aether. (ME - could the bending of light and aether have to do with how they're hiding the island? could have to do with electro magnetism too)

With this higher density means that any
mechanical process from point A to point B will have to traverse more
aether particles than it would in a lower density area. The increased
number of particle interactions effectively increases the amount of
time (in an absolute sense) that it takes for something (like the
ticking of an atomic clock) to happen. Thus, clocks in a high gravity
field tick slower than one in a lower gravity field. This is a simple
and intuitive mechanical explanation that shows that rate that time
passes is a function of the local environment.

So this seems to best describe why the clock was 30 minutes off...the aether density is GREATER on the island...(the mysterious force are revealed, haha) this could be for a number of reasons but these 2 are the most probable:
1 - Nature Anomaly
2 - Scientific Experimentation

I highly suggest you not only read the 2 sections I suggested on that website above...but the others regarding dark matter, magnetic fields, electrostatic force, etc. as well. If you're convinced that these forces are intertwined like I am...I am sure there is better reading material on the internet. I'm just too lazy at this point to continue research, haha.

Now on to my new theory of what kind of testing was going on...why...and how it could possibly relate to the greater density of aether on the island.

I believe there is more to this "aether" than just the connection to time dialation...it is believed that if we (humans) could tap into aether and utilize it as an energy source...it would provide INFINITE energy. It would eliminate our problems with consumption, the hazardous environment we are creating, and it makes up 95% of the universe. It could power anything and everything...from wrist watches, to vehicles, to power plants. This is still highly debated among scientists but if possible...this would revolutionize the way the world works. I believe its possible that the government or "Dharma" was trying to harness this potential energy source.

I also think that the greater density of aether on the island is a direct result of this. We know that the islands mysteries are directly linked to what happened years ago before flight 815 arrived...things occur now on the island that cannot be explained. Are they natural phenomena? I think not. The mysteries on the island are a result of the experiments that they (the Dharma) were doing years ago. I think that whatever it was that they were doing (if not the theory above) it was focused around the areas of science that even today we have not mastered...that we can really only speculate on...we simply do not know a lot about the universe. The idea of Aether - also referred to as "Ether" was rejected by Einstein in his theory of relativity and in modern times we have concluded that Einstein's theories were very flawed. Aether has since re-emerged. I can only speculate on what the Dharmas experiments might have revolved around and here is a list:

Dark Matter or Dark Energy
Aether
Electro Magnetic Fields/Pulses
Electrostatic Force
Negative Gravitational Propulsion (UFO research)
Nuclear experiments
Time Dialation
The 10 Vile Vortice's

Each of these could support a # of theories that have been presented...

They're all speculation but there is one that I am sure is tied in with everything...and that is the presence of EM (Electric Magnetic Pulses or Fields)...we know that this is a theory of how the plane crashed to begin with. We know that one was emitted when Desmond turned the key...we know that this is the explanation for why the compass never works properly, and its possible this is why the island cannot be found. We know that electro magnetism is related to the triangles and the strange events that occur within (instruments failing, compasses spinning nonstop, ending up 100-1000's of miles off course, time dialation, etc.) So there was most certainly scientific experiments regarding electro magnetism or a strange presence of it on the island to begin with...the same as a greater density of aether.

I think that the presence of the strange forces on the island cannot be overlooked though, even if my theory is false. They have to do with what is going on...while none of this explains WHY the LOSTies are there, or if they're there for a reason to begin with...I would not expect it to. Theres a lot more plot to be explained but I have no doubt this will all play a major role. Together we might be able to come up with more ideas after understanding the reason for the time dialation in episode 3.

Atleast at the end of this long ramble you might have a better idea of why the watch was 30 minutes off, haha

Also, here are some other links that talk about all of the above in more detail:

http://www.viewzone.com/unified.field.html - about the potential of aether as an infinite energy.

http://www.astrosciences.info/NegativeGrav.htm - aether

http://www.geocities.com/xplorer2x/FlowGrav.htm - aether

http://www.paranormalghostsociety.or...datriangle.htm - the vile vortices

Last edited by lostinthewild31; 02-21-08 at 10:43 AM.
lostinthewild31 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-08, 10:19 AM   #2
Killfetzer
Seeks Rescue

Re: Time Dialation, EMP explained - plus new theory

I also read the title "HOMING PROToNS"

Other titles I can read are:

- The Stone Leopard
- The CPA Plans for The Future
- FUND ACCOUNTI(NG)
- Principles Of Dark Operations
- one book from Mary Higgins Clark
- ADVENTURES
- (?)e Afro-Asian World
- 2x MATHEMATICS
- GRAMMAR

Last edited by Killfetzer; 02-21-08 at 10:21 AM.
Killfetzer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-08, 10:25 AM   #3
Badger
Turns Purple
Sees Walt

The book "The Coalwood Way" was a sequel to "Rocket Boys" which, as you may know, later became the movie "October Sky" (great movie by the way). They all deal with the authors childhood growing up in Coalwood, WV.

Thus, perhaps it was an easter egg giving a subtle nod to Daniel's rocket. So, good catch there.

However, to be honest with you, I stopped reading when I saw the term "Aether". And rather than try and explain it myself I'll simply quote this...

"In the late 19th century, luminiferous aether (or ether), meaning light-bearing aether, was the term used to describe a medium for the propagation of light. It signified the substance thought in ancient times to fill the upper regions of space, beyond the clouds.
Later theories including special relativity were formulated without the concept of aether.

Today the aether is regarded as a superseded scientific theory."

Last edited by Badger; 02-21-08 at 12:46 PM.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-08, 11:06 AM   #4
enginedown
Follows the Cable

the coalwood way was published in 2000. of course, that doesn't explain why it's in a bookcase from the 70s.. but it also doesn't support the argument that someone on the island has access to any time beyond 2004.

and i don't think the upside-down book says "homing protons".. that definitely doesn't look like an R in "protons"

Last edited by enginedown; 02-21-08 at 11:13 AM.
enginedown is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-08, 11:17 AM   #5
enginedown
Follows the Cable

homing pigeons

now google the effects of magnetic fields on homing pigeons....

Last edited by enginedown; 02-21-08 at 11:30 AM.
enginedown is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-08, 12:47 PM   #6
XxMayhemxX
Blew Up the Hatch

i have a post simialar to this... here
http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...t=45636&page=3

I will post it here also since this topic is more on the lines of it

Quote:
I looked up electromagnetic field in wiki, cuz thats whats surrounding the island or creating the energy for whatever is surrounding the island
then took a link to

Faraday's law of induction (or the law of electromagnetic induction) states that the induced electromotive force in a closed loop is directly proportional to the time rate of change of magnetic flux through the loop.

then i took a link to Maxwell's Equations
then took a link to

Maxwell's equations in curved spacetime govern the dynamics of the electromagnetic field in curved spacetime (or more generally, spacetime with a non-Euclidean metric). They can be viewed as a generalisation of the vacuum Maxwell's equations as they are normally formulated in the local coordinates of flat spacetime, but general relativity dictates that the presence of electromagnetic fields themselves induce curvature in spacetime, so Maxwell's equations in flat spacetime should be viewed as a convenient approximation.

The electromagnetic field also admits a coordinate-independent geometric description, and Maxwell's equations expressed in terms of these geometric objects are the same in any spacetime, curved or not. Also, the same modifications are made to the equations in flat Euclidean or Minkowski space when using local coordinates that are not Euclidean. For example, the equations in this article can be used to write Maxwell's equations in spherical coordinates. For these reasons, it may be useful to think of Maxwell's equations in Minkowski space as a special case, rather than Maxwell's equations in curved spacetimes as a generalisation.

the Minkowski space in bold lettering led to this

In physics and mathematics, Minkowski space (or Minkowski spacetime) is the mathematical setting in which Einstein's theory of special relativity is most conveniently formulated. In this setting the three ordinary dimensions of space are combined with a single dimension of time to form a four-dimensional manifold for representing a spacetime. Minkowski space is named after the German mathematician Hermann Minkowski.

Also Later in the Maxwell's equations in curved spacetime page, there is a link to

Jacobian is shorthand for either the Jacobian matrix or its determinant, the Jacobian determinant.

In algebraic geometry the Jacobian of a curve means the Jacobian variety: a group variety associated to the curve, in which the curve can be embedded.

These concepts are all named after the mathematician Carl Gustav Jacob Jacobi. The term "Jacobian" is normally pronounced [jaˈkobiən], but can also be pronounced [ʤəˈkobiən].

I think its safe to say that in Lost the electromagnetic field is creating a spacetime that slows anything down by 31 minutes...
but on the outside or inside of this spacetime.. the time goes by normally..

Daniel sees the rockets clock and says "oh no, this isnt good.." so maybe this isnt normally like this tho...and caused by the the swans implosion maybe

This pic shows
Light scattering from a high altiitude electro-magnetic pulse altho for us.. its not a pulse but a field.. but the effect is the same
normal ultra violet rays are effect in simaliar ways. Due to the charge seperation of electrons and air molecules from the electromagentic field...Inside of our Lost dome the light is scattered differently..

Do we have any Lost-fan geniuses and mathematicians that can maybe make some more sense of these pages and their equations for the not so mathematically inclined?

Last edited by XxMayhemxX; 02-21-08 at 12:56 PM.
XxMayhemxX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-08, 01:05 PM   #7
lostinthewild31
Wasn't on the List

While I do agree that its a far fetched idea. Aether has never been disproved. Infact, it is more recently coming back into the limelight.

"It is commonly assumed that the existence of the aether was disproved by the Michelson-Morley interferometer experiments (MMX). However, nothing could be further from the truth. At best, the results were inconclusive."

"As an alternative to the current unsatisfactory situation in physics and philosophy, I am proposing a new model of the aether to describe the physical reality. (Yes, aether, but this one is Lorentz invariant, and therefore the Michelson-Morley experiment does not invalidate its existence)

Albert Einstein introduced the general theory of relativity which can account for most observed phenomena, but is based on mathematical concepts without regard for physical justification. He later realized this and, in 1920, in a talk at the University of Leiden stated the following: According to the general theory of relativity, space without aether is unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation of light, but also
no possibility of existence for standards of space and time (measuring rods and clocks), nor therefore any space-time intervals in the physical sense.
This statement is currently often disregarded, but other alternatives are philosophically untenable, as any postulated space of any dimension cannot possess physical properties without a substance. Thus, the existence of aether is a prerequisite for any physical reality. The Michelson-Morley experiments are misinterpreted; they do not nullify the
existence of aether
. The reason for the failure to detect a resting reference frame in the aether lies in the fact that the interferometers experience the same Doppler shift as the employed light, canceling the effect of relative motion.

"Shortly after embarking on a career in the patent profession, some 28 years ago (i.e. 1953), he (Dr. Aspden) had an idea on electromagnetic reaction which intrigued him and led to the firm belief in the need for an ether. Dr. Aspden has had success in his chosen career, having directed IBM's European Patent Operations for the last 18 years, but his ambition is to achieve success in his private quest to bring the ether back into favour. The very substantial potential which Dr. Aspden sees in an ether is evident from his book 'Physics Unified', published in 1980."

More careful reflection teaches us, however, that the special theory of relativity does not compel us to deny ether. We may assume the existence of an ether,; only we must give up ascribing a definite state of motion to it

(the gravitation potentials g), has, I think, finally disposed of the view that space is physically empty. But therewith the conception of the ether has again acquired an intelligible content, although this content differs widely from that of the ether of the mechanical undulatory theory of light.

As to the part which the new ether is to play in the physics of the future we are not yet clear.

Contrary to common belief, the existence of an ether remains central to physics and cosmology. We can only speculate as to why the ether was disowned by 20th century physics and replaced by a bizarre quantum model. However, one very likely reason is that the ether is the source of the enormous energy that Nikola Tesla was able to tap.
A taker mentality would view the prospect of such energy in terms of weaponry and warfare. Taker leaders would wish to conceal the true nature of the ether and so mislead rival states that might also seek to develop WMDs based on detailed knowledge of this energy source. Sadly, our Level 3 Civilization is dominated by elites steeped in taker attitudes, thus it is quite likely that the motivation for the subterfuge that is evident in relation to the ether theory, post 1925, was driven by military objectives. Another, parallel, motivation for suppressing the truth about Tesla's Radiant Energy, and where it comes from, is likely to have been the desire of the capitalist West to continue the conditions for economic scarcity and their global economic dominance

Lastly...way too many things to quote: http://www.energyscience.org.uk/le/le24.htm
that was done in 1998.

As you can see...there is alot of debate today about the ether and many believe that we have set ourselves back decades because our ideas of physics are false. There are some who believe in a conspiracy theory that ever since the discovery...our government has been controlling what is and what is not mainstream published so that the "popular theories" continue to live on. I don't necessarily agree with that but it wouldnt surprise me...

Last edited by lostinthewild31; 02-21-08 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-21-08, 03:25 PM   #8
L8O1S5T
Blew Up the Hatch

Send a message via MSN to L8O1S5T

Quote:
At the end of season 3, episode 20...I believe that the writers/producers were hinting that it will now play a major role in the rest of the story.
You can believe that but it's not entirely true. TPTB have said and I love this quote because most have not heard the September 21st, 2007 podcast, that time, space time, and the ability to travel through time would continue to be a motif (keyword) on the show but not something that would solve the show. In other words, it won't play a major role. But that is just my opinion.

Old 02-21-08, 08:20 PM   #9
XxMayhemxX
Blew Up the Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8O1S5T View Post
You can believe that but it's not entirely true. TPTB have said and I love this quote because most have not heard the September 21st, 2007 podcast, that time, space time, and the ability to travel through time would continue to be a motif (keyword) on the show but not something that would solve the show. In other words, it won't play a major role. But that is just my opinion.

well it wouldnt be solving the show.. but it would explain a part of the show..
and they have to carefully address these issues when they come up as questions as we are learning more and more about the island
XxMayhemxX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-08, 09:22 PM   #10
lostinthewild31
Wasn't on the List

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8O1S5T View Post

Yeah I understand what you're saying but that will be based entirely on ones own perception/opinion. To me, its already playing a big role in the beginning of this season. Perhaps I should not have used the word major, but it will just play a role we've already seen this in episode 3, could be more to come.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories »